Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Me, Myself and Why? by MaryJanice Davidson

Me, Myself and Why?
by MaryJanice Davidson
September 2010
St. Martin's Press

A modern threesome . . . 

I've been feeling a little bogged down by the teen paranormal quagmire so I decided to read something a little different.  Well, this book certainly exceeded my expectation for something "a little different."  Cadence Jones works for the FBI.  So do her sisters, Shiro and Adrienne.  Cadence Jones is falling in love with her best friend's brother.  So are her sisters, Shiro and Adrienne.  Cadence Jones has multiple personality disorder.  As do her "sisters", Shiro and Adrienne.  And I thought I had problems . . . I very much enjoyed this totally unique take on the detective love story genre.  While both the romance and the "mystery" were pretty weak and sometimes just plain uncouth, the fresh perspective of a gun-toting FBI agent with serious mental health issues was amusing and charming.  Watch for more, as Davidson claims this may be a trilogy on her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment