Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade ★

Oh man, this book was hilarious!  So like, one day the super popular homecoming queen gets hit by a bus while talking on her cell phone and dies.  She's a little confused when she doesn't exactly "pass on" and instead ends up hanging around the school.  Lucky for her, the super loser goth guy can see her.  And talk to her.  And even touch her.  (*wink wink*)  This is such a cute book!  The language is very colloquial (much like this post) and the characters are so endearing!  I've never loved a snotty, high school cheerleader and an emo stoner so much!  A must read for fans of the slew of paranormal young adult literature we have to wade through these days.

5 comments:

  1. I'm stoked to read it, it looked so funny! And a quick read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very quick read! It only took me a few hours. Quick reads are the only thing I have time for these days . . . thus all the young adult books on this blog. sigh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Just read it yesterday and I loved it! After I brought it home, I wasn't sure that I would actually read it. It ended up being really good though and it was pretty funny. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you liked it! I bet a lot of teens at the library would like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your high school years felt like a "survival-of-the-fittest" test . . . then I don't recommend this book. The author has captured all the whining, mean-spirited (no pun intended) and self-serving attitudes of the teenagers that made high school so miserable. I expected there to be an ending with lessons learned and attitudes improved ~ I was disappointed. Maybe the sequels will redeem the storyline?

    ReplyDelete