Monday, February 28, 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen (Book 1)
September 2010
Delacorte Books

What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?

If anyone is a fan of super hot guys hooking up with somewhat average girls, it's me.  But it gets to a point where it's either completely unbelievable or completely shallow.  Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, for example, I would put in the completely shallow category since Edward is only keeping Bella around for her scent (ahh . . . heroin).  Completely unbelievable would be more along the lines of a hot vampire prince falling for a soon-to-be spinster in Insatiable (he knew her for what, like a day?!).  Fallen crosses both lines in my opinion.

Luce and Daniel have known each other for thousands of years, but every time they fall in love, a curse kills Luce and keeps Daniel from finding her for seventeen years.  Sounds kind of interesting, right?  Well it would be a lot more fun if there was ANYTHING remarkable about Luce or Daniel that wasn't related to her gorgeous black curls or his fetching grayish purple eyes.  In short, Luce's ability to catch a guy like Daniel without doing anything heroic, courageous, brave or anything actually in a remotely non-annoying manner, annoyed me. Because I believe in second chances, however, I do plan to read the next books in the series at some point.  But not right now . . . I have too many other bad-a chicks to read about on my nightstand to bother with this one right now.  

The Fallen Novels
Fallen
Torment
Passion (TBR June 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment