Friday, August 6, 2010

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

There was a time in my life when I was addicted to a soap.  I didn't have a job and my only daily pleasure came from the hour that I spent glued to the TV hoping, nay praying that at least one part of the story would advance this week.  I was usually disappointed.

When I saw that the infamous Ms. Princess Diaries herself had written a vampire novel, I checked it out from the library as a joke never actually intending to read it.  Unfortunately for you all, the night before I was going to return it I read a chapter . . . and then another . . . and well, one thing led to another and the Prince of Darkness and a very sexy vampire hunter were both offering, nay begging and praying that cute, little psychic Meena leave her day job as writer for a vampire soap and choose to become a vampire princess or a sword swinging vampire hunter with (snickers) Alaric Wulf (more snickers) instead.

Cliche characters and their cheesy names aside, I must have enjoyed something about this book since I'm actually looking forward to the next book set to come out summer 2011.  Honestly I think it's because I'm a little fascinated with the way the book ended . . . or with the fact that it didn't end at all and is in fact stringing me along in classic soap opera fashion.  I guess in some ways it really was insatiable.  :)

Meena Harper Novels
Insatiable
Overbite

No comments:

Post a Comment