Monday, April 11, 2011

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Bitten
by Kelley Armstrong
June 2010 (Reprint from 2001)
Plume

I have to.  I've been fighting it all night.  I'm going to lose . . . Nature wins out.  It always does.

It's always fun to take my interest in paranormal romance and read something intended for adults rather than teens.  After enjoying Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers trilogy, I decided to give Bitten, the first book in her Women of the Otherworld series a try.

Elena Michaels is a beautiful woman with a successful career.  She has a nice apartment and a kind and thoughtful boyfriend.  She has lunch with coworkers and watches movies on the weekend.  She also turns into a wolf once a week or so when the urge can no longer be ignored.  Turned against her will, Elena has done everything in her power to stay away from her pack and fellow werewolves.  She wants a normal life, with a normal job, and a normal family.  When her pack goes to war, however, Elena must decide whether to risk normalcy to save a way of life she never wanted.  A fun (if steamy) read, I was not disappointed in Armstrong's debut novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment