Friday, April 8, 2011

House of Night by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Marked (House of Night Book 1)
by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
September 2009
St. Martin's Press

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse I saw the dead guy standing next to my locker.

Seems like the only way to get your vampire novel noticed these days is to be certain that you've added some very different twists or elements, and House of Night certainly has a few of those.  Think Arthurian priestesses combined with pagan rituals mixed with native american mysticism all taking place at a Gothic boarding school.  In Zoey Redbird's world, vampyres and humans coexist peacefully.  Occasionally, a vampyre will "mark" a human, beginning the transformation process.  Marked humans are sent to the House of Night school where they learn about vampyre religion, habits and sexuality, apparently.  Marked, the first book in this series was a fast, fun read, however, the lines between YA and adult are definitely blurred whenever sex is involved.  This series may be a little too "hot" for most young adults so proceed with caution.

House of Night
Marked
Betrayed
Chosen
Untamed
Hunted
Tempted
Burned
Awakened

3 comments:

  1. I need to read theeeese. Leah keeps telling me to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I only got through the first book but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm completely burned out on vampires. Otherwise I think these are probably pretty good books. If you read them all and love them let me know and maybe I'll finish the series when I'm ready for more bloodlust. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let you know for sure...if I ever get to it. haha I'm reading a few good books right now that will take me a while to get through!

    ReplyDelete