Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heist Society by Ally Carter

Heist Society
by Ally Carter
February 2010
Hyperion Books

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her to the Louvre . . . to case it.

I think I'm going to chalk it up to all the White Collar I've been watching lately, but I wanted to watch this book so bad!  Normally I would never ever say this, but I honestly think this book would make a better movie.  I can't even say for sure what it was, but something about the action and suspense just seemed better suited for a script than a novel.  One thing that I did very much like about this book compared to other Ally Carter reads was the minimal amount of silly go-go-gadget type spyware.  In any case, this book is about Katarina Bishop, a young girl from a family with a long history of professional thieving.  Fed up with a life of lies and stealing, Katarina runs away from home to live a "normal" life.  Her past soon catches up with her, however, and she's forced to choose between the life she ran from and the life she thinks she's always wanted.  Overall, a cute little spy read, though I have to say I could have done without all the morality lessons regarding stealing.  But hey - Disney is the publisher so at least it wasn't entirely unexpected.

Heist Society Novels
Heist Society
Uncommon Criminals
Book 3 (TBR 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment