Monday, June 27, 2011

Need by Carrie Jones

Need (Book 1)
by Carrie Jones
December 2009
Bloomsbury

I text Nick.  Gone running.  See you ON ROAD.  There, my bases are covered and I'm going pixie hunting.

In vain I have struggled, but I simply cannot finish this series!  Which is really sad considering how much I enjoyed the first book.  In Need, we're introduced to a world where pixies are more prevalent than vampires, and werewolves and other shape changers make for common classmates and family members.  Into this we throw Zara, a tree hugging, Amnesty International letter-writing hippie who also happens to be afraid of very nearly everything.  While I can absolutely see the "Twilight" in these books, I also loved the fresh feel of the heroine.  Sure she's a little odd (um . . . she collects phobias . . . ?), but she does it fashionably (hippie skirts and messenger bags, yay!) in the name of freeing criminals and animals from cruelty.  I'll take a girl who chains herself to construction equipment over a ditz who trips over her own shoelaces any day.  So there you have it.  Need =   Captivate and Entice = L

Need Novels
Need
Captivate
Entice
Book Four (TBR 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment