Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi ★

Shatter Me (Book 1)
by Tahereh Mafi
November 2011
Harper Collins

I have a curse.  I have a gift.  I'm a monster.  I'm more than human.  My touch is lethal.  My touch is power.  I am their weapon.  I will fight back.

I LOVED this book!  For all the books that promised me X-Men, The Hunger Games, and so much more, this one finally delivered!  Bad things happen when people touch Juliette's skin.  Shunned by her family and peers, for seventeen years she has lived a life completely devoid of human contact.  Finally locked away in an asylum, Juliette waits to die as she slowly spirals into insanity.  Until the day that a boy is thrown into her cell.  A boy from her childhood whom she has always loved, but never spoken to . . . until now.  Ashamed of herself and her abilities, and viewed as a weapon by those who want to posses her, Juliette must find acceptance and the courage to fight back . . . before she shatters.

I absolutely devoured this dystopian fantasy novel.  My only complaint is the eventual focus on the love story rather than the main plot, which I found much more interesting.  A few less "I found you! I love you! Let's roll around on the floor!" scenes and a little more "shoot 'em up and leave 'em" would have suited me quite nicely.  Honestly though I really can't complain.  This book kept me more entertained and on edge than any other I've read recently.  Then again, I'm a sucker for half-insane, deadly force wielding girls and their nearly as crazy, super strong, very chiseled (not my word) boyfriends.  Who isn't?  READ IT!

Shatter Me Novels
Shatter Me
Book 2 (Fall 2012)
Book 3 (Fall 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment