Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder ★

Touch of Power (Healer Series, Book 1)
by Maria V. Snyder
December 2011
Mira

Magician, heal thyself.

Woot!  Hurary!  It's a brand new series from Maria V. Snyder!  In case you don't remember, I practically begged her for a new series when I posted about her young adult book, Outside In last June.  From this, I can only conclude that she is reading my blog!  Seriously though, I think this is her best book since Poison Study.  I picked it up right before bed as a way to relax.  An hour later my husband was fast asleep in bed and I was on the edge of the couch devouring this book as a midnight snack.  A few hours after that, I finished the book completely satisfied but also looking forward to the next book in the series.  How great is that?!  But enough about me and my nocturnal habits . . .

Avry is a healer; a magician able to take on the injuries and illnesses of others in order to cure them.  Once honored for her abilities, she now spends her days running for her life, as healers are hunted and killed for their seeming indifference to a plague that has recently swept the land.  Avry is not surprised when her charitable acts of healing finally catch up to her and she is thrown into prison for immediate execution.  She is shocked, however, when the leader of a band of rogues abducts her and subsequently drags her all over the nine mountains to save a plague ridden prince.  While facing magical danger, betrayal, and the stirrings of love and friendship, Avry must decide whether peace in the land is worth her life.  And you must decide whether or not this book is worth your time.  If you ask me, it's a resounding YES!


Healer Series
Touch of Power
Scent of Magic (TBR 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment