Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Study Books by Maria V. Snyder ★

I just finished reading all three books in this series; Poison Study, Magic Study and Fire Study.  I loved Poison Study!  A girl about to be hanged for murder is given a choice between being executed or becoming the commander of Ixia's next food taster.  It makes for a fun and interesting plot and I think the author did a pretty good job with it.  The other two books in the series didn't even feel like they were written in the same world with the same characters by the same author.  The bishounen is a sissy boy in the second two books, acting like a cliche, clingy, doting romantic piece of fluff nearly the entire time.  I was skipping entire pages by the end of the third book.  So read the first book and if you absolutely just can't stand not knowing what happens to the characters (i.e. if you're just like me) then go ahead and torture yourself with the last two.

No comments:

Post a Comment