Thursday, August 12, 2010

Homeland: The Legend of Drizzt Book I by R.A. Salvatore ★

Tyler has long been a fan of R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms series (set in the D&D world).  For awhile I was buying him a lot of Salvatore books about someone named Drizzt; a young Drow prince and dark elf who is banished from his home in the vast underground city of Menzoberranzan who goes on to have lots of adventures slaying things and being pretty darn awesome in general.

Well this extremely popular series that has spawned fan fiction for over 20 years is finally accessible to people like me!  That is - those who love investing 30 minutes in a graphic novel but who aren't necessarily willing to read a book 5,000 + pages long just to relate to their spouse better.  I'm very impressed with how well done this is!  The artwork is beautiful and the story adaptation is fantastic.  Even better than the handsome prince and intriguing plot, however, is the fact that I finally understand why I bought Tyler a panther figurine for our anniversary a few years ago!  I highly recommend Drizzt's tale to fantasy and graphic novel fans alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment