Friday, August 27, 2010

The Inside Story by Michael Buckley ★

After waiting over a year for book eight in the continuing fairy tale saga of The Sisters Grimm, I finally got to read The Inside Story!  It only took me two hours, but considering I started it at midnight last night with the intention of only reading one chapter to "see what it's about" (or so I told Tyler) it was a truly enjoyable two hours!  I really do love these books about two little girls descended from the Brothers Grimm who solve fairy tale mysteries.  As books for a younger audience the plot is a bit simplistic and the heroine has a lot of "lessons" to learn, but I truly love the characters and I'm constantly chuckling or even laughing out loud.  I keep waiting for these books to go big like Harry Potter or Twilight, but even if they never do they'll always be classics to me!  I can hardly wait to read these to my children!

The Sisters Grimm
The Fairy-Tale Detectives
The Unusual Suspects
The Problem Child
Once Upon a Crime
Magic and Other Misdemeanors
Tales from the Hood
The Everafter War
The Inside Story
The Council of Mirrors

No comments:

Post a Comment