Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dengeki Daisy by Kyousuke Motomi ★

I am so excited about this!  My three all time favorite manga are (in no particular order) Wallflower, Ouran High School Host Club and Dengeki Daisy.  Wallflower and Ouran have both been available in the US for a long time; however, Motomi's work has never been released in English . . . until now!  I'm thrilled to finally be able to share this manga (that I've been ordering from Amazon Japan for years) with my teens at the library.  The plot doesn't follow typical shojo or "girly" manga; a high school girl with friends that crack and hack computers and her pen pal "Daisy" who can only be reached through texting, evade evildoers who want to get their hands on her deceased older brother's top secret software.  What I really love about this manga is Motomi's wonderfully drawn facial expressions and situations that have me chuckling or laughing out loud constantly.  Cute, funny, daring and dangerously romantic, Dengeki Daisy is a definite must read for shojo manga fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment