Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nomansland by Lesley Hauge

For being yet another post-apocalyptic book for young adults, this book was a fairly interesting read.  Reviewers are comparing it to The Giver by Lois Lowry, but with a "feminine twist" and I'd have to say I agree.  In this world of survival of the fittest and the most obedient, an island of women exists completely without men, who are the enemy.  While I thought the premise of the book was very interesting I feel it could have been better done.  For starters, it's nowhere near as emotionally engaging as The Giver despite their similarities.  I am interested, however, in what happened near the end of the book and I think I could be persuaded to read a sequel.

Read-a-Likes: The Giver by Lois Lowry, any post-apocalyptic young adult novel (see this post)

No comments:

Post a Comment